The City of Arts and Science (Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias) – architectural complex, which is one of the most outstanding examples of modern architecture! It is located on the dried river bottom Turia, and consists of six buildings:
- El Museu de les Ciències Príncipe Felipe — The museum of science;
- L’Hemisfèric — Imax cinema, planetarium, laser theater;
- L’Umbracle — The Garden-Gallery;
- L’Oceanogràfic — The Oceanographic Park;
- El Palau de les Arts Reina Sofía — The Opera House;
- Agora — The place in which carry out various activities (sports, fashion shows, etc).
The complex is surrounded by parks, streams and pools. This area – the popular place of recreation for residents and visitors of the city, there are open bars and cafes.
In the museum of El Museu de les Ciències Príncipe Felipe you can see quite a number of scientific exhibits. You have to take your kids, because all of exhibits you can not only to see, but also to touch. On schedule conducted various demonstrations the laws of physics-chemistry.
In the planetarium L’Hemisfèric shows films (certainly not artistic, but, for example, about the Nile crocodile).
In L’Oceanogràfic aquarium live fish of all colors and sizes, penguins and even pink flamingos.